JoAnn has known she wanted to be a therapist since she was 7 years old. This is her life work.
Helping people to heal
and become the person God created them to be is what she believes she was put on this world to do.
- JoAnn has been working in the field of counseling since 1980. Before that she
taught elementary school for 5 years.
- JoAnn has a Masters of Divinity degree
from Emory University in Atlanta, GA where she specialized in Pastorial Counseling.
has 3 years of clinical training through a nationally Certified Marriage and Family training center.
- She has 34 hours above her Masters Degree.
- JoAnn is
a Licensed Professional Counselor a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist for the state of South Carolina.
- Her work is done by talking and the use of relaxation methods, journaling, videos, music, theraputic
story telling, EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing). JoAnn also uses the EFT (Emotional Freedom
Technique). JoAnn will do what ever works best for her client without allowing it to hurt anyone or add undue stress.
- JoAnn works with all ages including children as young as 18 months. She utilizes games, sandtrays,
animals (Animal Assisted Therapy). Any methods used are guided by the client's comfort level.
- She enjoys working with a variety of ages and concerns. She has experience and training in various
areas including PTSD, Childhood Abuse, Learning Disabilities, Childhood Behavioral and Childhood Custody concerns, Marital
Therapy, Depression and other Mood Disorders, Anxiety, GLBT, Addictions and concerns related to Spirituality.
- JoAnn has also been approved as an expert witness in Family Court in 7 Counties in S.C.
- JoAnn has testified as an expert witness in Criminal Court in 2 Counties in S.C.
- At the request of many others, JoAnn is now training other therapists in training.
- JoAnn has 18 hours towards her Masters in Special Education from USC - Columbia.
- JoAnn has been trained in Education and Public Speaking. She leads workshops and seminars
on a variety of topics..